Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Quiet

You escape me in this day and age of rush and hurry
wind and fury.
Yet I can not stop my pursuit of you.
You are a conducive agent.
I see that now.
Having you means more.
it means clarity and focus.
it means effortless. it means time and opportunity
it means planning and rest.
Relief.
I sit. I close my eyes. You embrace me, entice me, and ignite me.
Now my friend, I notice you are two faced.
There is a difference in you in the morning and at night
you are truly different.
In the morning you are full of anticipation and eagerness. You are planned and focused.
In the evening, you are calm, serene.
Truth be told I like you better at night. But I need your morning offering too
You demand nothing from me.
I can just BE.
Thank you for finding your way through the brambles, through the mire, through the never ending maze of my modern life.
But you didn't come alone...you brought sanity with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment